Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Summer Patio

It is finally feeling like summer outside and with that comes my urge to sit outside, eat outside, play outside, read outside, sleep outside...you get the picture. The neighbors in our duplex were recently on a vacation and they let us borrow their bistro set. We ate on it a couple times and lounged outside after our girly went to bed a handful of times. We really enjoyed it so we decided we want to invest in a patio table of our own. There are some really affordable 3 piece bistro sets at Target. I like a couple of them but after online window shopping I'm starting to think a more full sized table would be fitting for us. So, because I am who I am, I went straight to the moodboard! Here is what I've come up with.
I've been wanting to make a sunshade using this tutorial for a while now. I love the french feeling of the black and white stripe. I would add outdoor pillows in coral and light blue as accents. And, of course we would have our grill and plants. My husband is planning on making a screen for us to put at the far end of our patio to kind of separate us from the close driveway of our neighbors. We want to put a string of lights in a kind of v-shape from the patio to the back porch. I put paper lanterns in the moodboard but I think I would like the simplicity of good ole twinkly string lights.
Well, now it's on a moodboard-ready to make it a reality! We'll see...!

1 comment:

  1. I like lantern lights, but regular ones are my favorite--especially considering that our summer storms would probably destroy the paper shades! Very cute, ma'am!

    ReplyDelete