Thursday, January 13, 2011

Jan. 13, 2011

Hello, all! It's been a while since I've posted. Once school hit hard that is where my priority was!

I'm going to be starting a new workout routine on Sunday, but I must say, I'm so excited about it that I want to start now! I'm going to be doing the Couch to 5K running program with a friend. The goal of the program is to be ready to run a 5k (3 miles) in 9 weeks. I've never been an avid runner but one of my goals is to run a race so I figured the 5K would do =)
I'm also going to be doing toning and strength-training on my off days. I have taken the past week or so to begin stretching and eating well to sort of prep myself for what is to come.
My goal is to lose about 10-15 pounds which probably seems like vanity, but I know what my body is supposed to carry and I'm really tired of feeling so sluggish and squishy! Before I had my daughter I weighed a fairly consistent 103 lbs. I don't expect to get down to that weight again, but if I tone up I know I'll look and feel ten times better!
I'm going to be blogging a few times a week to document my progress and also for some accountability. I've considered posting before and after pictures--we'll see. All of my workouts will be done at home so I'll be posting the sources of my routines.
Thank you for the support and, as always, be lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment