Sunday, January 16, 2011

Before...?

I took the dreaded "before" pictures 2 nights ago. After looking through them I've opted not to post them until have an "after" to go with. I'm all about honesty, just not quite ready to put myself out there like that. I'll take another one at the 4 week mark and if there's good improvement I'll consider posting them side by side. We'll see.
In other news, I have been using the Lose It! app on my iPhone and I love it! It counts your daily caloric intake and you can add exercise and it calculates how many calories you've burned. Each day it tracks your progress and you can customize your caloric budget based on your weight loss goal. Mine is set to lose 1 lb per week and to eventually lose 15 lbs. This restricts my diet to about 1,335 calories per day. That is below the recommended amount for my height and age, but I never feel starved so I'm going to roll with it! It is teaching me a lot about smart meal choices and portion control. I'm also understanding what they mean by "empty" calories. I've been using this app consistently for a week today. Time to hit the scales!
I've also been doing some workout routines that I found on self.com. I'm loving them. I'll do a separate post about that later.
First day of Couch to 5k tomorrow! Wish me luck, and as always, be lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment