Thursday, January 20, 2011

C25K-Week 1 Day 2

Yesterday was day 2 of my C25K training. It was icy and freezing last night and the roads were super slick so we opted to go to the McPherson Athletic Club and run on the treadmills. I was apprehensive initially because I have never been on a treadmill seriously and because working in a gym can be a bit intimidating. There did prove to be some major gym rats there and one chick that looked like Barbie, but I didn't feel inferior or self-conscious. Once we got on our treadmills and I put my earbuds in, I was in my own little world.
I have to say, I enjoyed the change. I feel I ran a lot better when I could set my speed and stay consistent in going that speed throughout the 20 minutes. I feel like when I was running outside I considerably slowed toward the end of my run. Also, because we weren't outside in the cold I didn't have that annoying cold air in my lungs.
We are still going to try to run outside on Friday but we have a free 7 day pass so we'll see!
This morning, I'm feeling pretty sore. I'm definitely going to be doing yoga/pilates for my workout today. I don't think I could handle much more but I don't want to take a complete break.
How are your weight-loss and fitness goals going? Everyone sticking to their New Year's Resolution?

No comments:

Post a Comment