Monday, October 4, 2010

Day 4: 30 Days of Me

Apparently, I'm supposed to pick a habit of mine that I wish I didn't have. 1 habit?! I'll try to pick my least favorite, I suppose.
My absolute worst habit has to be my procrastination. It bites me in the butt all the time and I still rarely change my behavior (isn't that called insanity?). I have gotten a handle on procrastination within homework and school-related things...almost. But, when there is a pile of dishes in the sink or laundry to be done, I am much more likely to put it off.
I say that, and today I cleaned the whole house. It feels great. I even timed how long it took me to do one meal's worth of dishes: 7 minutes.
The worst part about this bad habit of mine is that it upsets my hubby. I hate the feeling I get when I can tell he is frustrated that the house is messy after he has been working all day. I never want him to feel like I don't appreciate what he does or that I am not doing what I can at home.
Sometimes I am really, really busy. With school, Abbey, babysitting, errands, cooking...
But usually it just comes down to the fact that I. don't. want. to.
Ugh...I hate that about me! I really am making strides to improve on this part of me.
It's all part of this journey I'm on.

1 comment:

  1. I totally hear you on that lol. Procrastination kicks my behind just about every day. My general motto is "Why do today what you can put off til tomorrow?" hahaha.

    ReplyDelete