Thursday, September 30, 2010

Day 2: 30 Days of Me

"Be Lovely" is a phrase I used to say in closing, usually in written form. I just really like the thought of encouraging people to exude loveliness. To me, being lovely is to welcome life as it comes. To handle things with grace and true beauty. I also love the idea of surrounding ourselves with lovely things to further enhance our pursuit of living lovely. It's not to say that we should suppress negative feelings or try to avoid negative emotions. In fact, I believe (and I think I am scientifically backed) that to be mentally healthy we need to accept the ugly in our lives and allow ourselves to process through yucky feelings. And being aware of yourself, and loving yourself enough to take the bad with the good is, I believe, part of this thing called loveliness.

No comments:

Post a Comment